Decadent and rich, roasted bone marrow goes well with sweet, plump sliced tomatoes which offer a much-needed acidity to cut through all that glorious fattiness.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Prepare the bones by placing them on a foil lined baking tray (as the fat renders when the marrow cooks).
- Bake for 20 minutes (longer if the bones are thicker). The marrow will be browned and slightly bubbling. And some of the fat will have rendered and flowed off.
- To serve, sprinkle salt and pepper over the marrow and drizzle some lemon juice.
- Serve with tomato slices and a green side salad.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 48 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g