- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (5 ml)
- 2 slices of bacon, finely chopped (56 g)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped (110 g)
- 13 white button mushrooms, finely chopped (130 g)
- 2/3 lb of ground beef (297 g)
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder (2 g)
- 3 medium bell peppers (360 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To make the stuffing:
- In a pan, heat the olive oil. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and mushroom to the same pan. Cook until soft and the onions caramelize.
- Add the ground beef, chili powder, salt (to taste), and pepper (to taste). Cook until brown and set aside.
To stuff the pepper:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the tops of the peppers and clean out all the seeds. Brush a small amount of olive oil on the inside and outside of the pepper.
- Stuff with the beef mixture.
- Place peppers on a tray and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 21 g