This paleo sweet potato “oatmeal” recipe is one of my favorite breakfast hacks.
For the “oatmeal” –
- 2 small sweet potatoes (any color – I used the purple one)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon (3 g) ginger powder
- 1 Tablespoon (5 g) cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) of turmeric powder
- Dash of black pepper (to activate the turmeric)
For the topping –
- Peel the sweet potatoes and shred the sweet potato (using a food processor’s shredding attachment) into little oat-like pieces.
- Combine the almond or coconut milk, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, turmeric powder, black pepper, and shredded sweet potato and divide between 2 bowls.
- Microwave for 5-7 minutes on high heat until the sweet potato is softened.
- Drizzle with almond butter and top with the strawberry slices and shredded coconut.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 4 g