Home » Blog » Paleo Diet » Paleo Diet Recipes » Paleo Chicken Recipes » Pomegranate Chicken Salad Recipe [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
Pomegranate Chicken Salad Recipe [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
This is a really simple and colorful salad to make when you have leftover chicken to use up. Or if you just want to make it one day, you can dice a poached chicken breast and use that instead.
The ingredients for this salad recipe are very simple. You’ll need some pomegranate seeds of course, some spinach (or other green salad leaves), half an avocado, chicken, sea salt, a time bit of fresh orange juice for flavoring, and lots of delicious extra virgin olive oil.
To Make The Salad:
It’s really easy to put this salad together – just toss the salad greens and chicken pieces together with sea salt, olive oil, and a dash of orange juice (just squeeze the juice from 1-2 segments of an orange). Then sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top and place the avocado slices on top.
Pinterest Image for Pomegranate Chicken Salad Recipe [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup chicken meat, shredded (or 1 chicken breast cooked and diced)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 lb (225 g) spinach or other salad greens
- Sea salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 2 orange segments (optional)
- Mix the juice from the 2 orange segments together with 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the dressing together with the chicken meat, spinach, and sea salt.
- Sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds
- The add the avocado slices on top.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 470
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 37 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 24 g