- 1 lb (450 g) pork boneless shoulder, butt, or loin, cubed
- 3 cups of cold water
- 1 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion or leek, chopped
- A large chunk of fresh ginger, chopped into large slices
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil to cook the pork with
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large pot.
- Add the cubed pork and saute on high heat until the pork is mostly cooked.
- Add in the chopped leek, cabbage, ginger, apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons salt, and the 3 cups of cold water.
- Place the lid on the pot and cook on medium heat for 2 hours. Check regularly to make sure the water doesn’t run out – if it does, then add in a bit extra.
- Add salt to taste and serve. You can pick out the ginger slices or eat them for extra nutrition.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 23 g