Apple Curry Tuna Salad
Here comes another simple recipe that requires Zero Cooking. It’s become a welcome habit when you have little time in the evenings. What I love about this recipe is the great mix of flavors (apples, curry, parsley, and a tiny hint of lime) and the fact you can make a bunch of it all in one go. In fact, I took some for lunch today.
I first discovered the joys of adding curry powder to tuna fish when I made this allrecipes.com recipe many years ago. Since then, I’ve simplified and improved the recipe (I hope) with fresh curly parsley and apples!
Start with a lot of cans of tuna fish (I used a really big 4lb can).
Then I finely chopped around 2 cups of curly parsley.
Then I peeled and diced 2 apples.
I dipped the apple pieces into some lime juice mixed with a bit of water. This stops the apples from oxidizing and turning brown. It also adds that citrus hint to the salad. But you can skip this step if you’re in a hurry as the apples won’t brown too much.
I placed everything into a large mixing bowl.
And then added in the mayo, curry powder, and a touch of salt.
Then it’s just mixing it really well using a fork or a whisk.
- 4lb of tuna
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 2 cups curly parsley, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups of mayo (you can make your own paleo mayo with this recipe or buy this Paleo mayo online)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 lime (optional)
- Juice the lime and add a cup of water to the juice. (optional)
- Place the diced apple pieces into the lime water batch by batch before draining and adding just the apple pieces to the mixing bowl (don’t add the lime water).
- Add the tuna, parsley, mayo, curry powder, and salt to the mixing bowl.
- Mix well.