Roasted Cauliflower Broccoli Tuna Bowl [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
Roasting vegetables is one of the easiest ways to prepare them. They soften and soak up more flavors during the cooking process. That makes them even more delicious and easier to digest.
Cauliflower and broccoli are two vegetables that are great to enjoy on any diet.
They’re fairly low in carbohydrates so they’re perfect for those looking to lose weight, manage their blood sugar levels, or for those on a ketogenic diet. And they’re filled with nutrition and fiber.
And to create a complete meal with these roasted vegetables, you can top your bowl with canned tuna (choose ones packed in olive oil or brine).
You don’t need a fancy dressing to enjoy this roasted cauliflower broccoli tuna bowl.
But if you have time (and you’re not AIP), you can make a tahini tamari taste to add extra flavor to all that goodness.
This makes a great lunch – you can even pack it to take to work (just don’t open the can of tuna until you’re ready to eat).
Roasted Cauliflower Broccoli Tuna Bowl – Step-By-Step Instructions
Break the cauliflower and broccoli into small pieces and place on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil and squeeze lemon juice over them. Sprinkle with salt.
Roast in a preheated oven at 400 F for 20 minutes.
Let the roasted vegetables cool a little after they come out of the oven.
Place the roasted vegetables into a large bowl.
Drizzle with extra olive oil, salt, and lemon juice to taste. And add some chopped fresh parsley (I find this adds a lot of flavor and lightens the dish). Mix everything together well.
When you’re ready to eat, spoon some of the roasted vegetables into a small bowl (or lunchbox if you’re taking it to work with you).
Top with the can of tuna. You can squeeze some extra lemon onto the tuna if you want (or pack a lemon slice).
Enjoy the dish just like that or with some tahini tamari paste (recipe below).
This is a really easy meal to prepare and eat at your desk. It’ll keep you full and nourished as you work.
Pinterest Image – Roasted Cauliflower Broccoli Tuna Bowl [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into small florets
- Olive oil to cook with
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Four 5-oz cans of tuna (packed in brine or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (or use cilantro)
For the tahini tamari paste (omit for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli florets on a baking tray and drizzle olive oil over them. Sprinkle salt and squeeze the juice from 1/4 lemon over the vegetables. Use your hands to rub the mixture into the vegetables and spread them out over the baking tray.
- Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes until the florets are tender and browning at the edges.
- Let the vegetables cool for a few minutes, then place them into a large bowl and toss with the chopped parsley, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, juice from 1/4 lemon, and extra salt to taste.
- To make the tahini tamari paste, mix together all the paste ingredients well.
- To serve, place the roasted vegetables into a small bowl and top with a can of tuna. Add some tahini tamari sauce on top and enjoy.
- This recipe makes enough for 4 people or you can keep the leftover paste and roasted vegetables in the fridge for future meals.
Also, if you’re not a fan of tuna, then choose another meat of your choice!
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 47 g