Coconut Yogurt Berry Parfait Recipe [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
Parfaits are traditionally a cold dessert made from cream, eggs, and fruits. But you can make a dairy-free, Paleo, AIP, and Keto dessert by using a few simple ingredients like coconut yogurt.
Make sure to use an unsweetened coconut yogurt if you’re staying Ketogenic.
If you can’t find coconut yogurt, then you can make it easily yourself. Also, if you’re AIP, you’ll probably want to make your own coconut yogurt to ensure all the ingredients are AIP-friendly. Here’s a slow cooker recipe for making coconut yogurt. Here’s a recipe that uses the Instant Pot. And here’s one using a yogurt maker.
Alternatively, you can use coconut cream instead of coconut yogurt, but I find coconut cream is a bit too rich usually.
I highly suggest getting some small jars or glasses to serve these parfaits in.
The main ingredients are just coconut yogurt and berries (I used strawberries and raspberries). You can add in other toppings if you want (like coconut flakes (for AIP) or cacao nibs and chopped nuts (for Keto)).
How To Make The Berry Parfait:
To put together the parfait, spoon some coconut yogurt into the bottom of the jar. Add some chopped strawberries and any other toppings you want and then spoon some more coconut yogurt into the jar. Finally, top with a whole raspberry.
Enjoy for a quick and easy breakfast or snack. It’s also great for impressing guests you have staying with you!
Pinterest Image for Coconut Yogurt Berry Parfait Recipe [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
- 1 pot (120 ml) coconut yogurt
- 1 strawberry, diced small
- 2 raspberries
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cacao nibs (optional)
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Carefully spoon 1 tablespoon of coconut yogurt into each jar or glass. Tap the jar or glass against your hand to ensure it falls the bottom of the container.
- Add a layer of diced strawberries, coconut flakes, and any other toppings you want (e.g., cacao nibs, chopped nuts).
- Add another tablespoon of coconut yogurt on top.
- Place a raspberry on top of the parfait.
- Serve for breakfast or as a snack.
- Calories: 40
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 2 g