Home » Blog » Paleo Diet » Paleo Diet Recipes » Paleo Side Dishes Recipes » Creamy Paleo Cauliflower Mash Recipe [Dairy-Free, Keto, AIP]
Creamy Paleo Cauliflower Mash Recipe [Dairy-Free, Keto, AIP]
I love it when people try this recipe and think it’s mashed potatoes. This amazing creamy Paleo side dish is made only from cauliflowers. Then by adding in coconut milk and ghee and blending it really really well, you can create a super creamy and delicious dish that will fool your family and friends.
If you’re not on AIP (Paleo Autoimmune Protocol), then add in a bit of vanilla extract or use alcohol-free vanilla extract. The vanilla really adds to this creamy cauliflower mash recipe.
This dish is also great for those looking to lose weight but miss their mashed potatoes or those who have blood sugar issues as this creamy cauliflower mash recipe is very low in carbohydrates, and the fats in the dish also helps to not spike your blood sugar.
Personally, I think it just tastes amazing. Even just thinking about it makes me hungry!
Creamy Paleo Cauliflower Mash Recipe – Instructions
Soften the cauliflower florets by steaming or microwaving with some water.
Melt the ghee slightly.
Add everything to the blender and blend until smooth.
Top with chives or scallions and serve. Enjoy with some grilled steak.
Creamy Paleo Cauliflower Mash Recipe – Please Pin
Save this image to your Pinterest boards so you can find this Paleo cauliflower mash recipe again.
Get this Creamy Paleo Cauliflower Mash Recipe here. It’s a delicious side dish that’s perfect for a Keto, AIP, Paleo, or Gluten-free diet.
- ½ head of cauliflower (approx 1.5 lb), broken into small florets
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) cultured ghee (or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut milk (from a can shaken and at room temperature)
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla ghee or if AIP)
- Chives or scallions (chopped spring onion), finely chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Place the cauliflower florets into a large microwaveable bowl with 1/4 cup of water at the bottom. Microwave on high until they are softened (around 10-12 minutes). Check every 3 minutes to make sure there’s water in the bowl still. Alternatively, you can steam the cauliflower florets.
- Place the softened cauliflower along with the melted ghee, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with chives or scallions.
TIP: While the vanilla extract is not essential, it really adds a sweetness to the dish that I love.
- Serving Size: 1 large plate
Looking forward to trying this dish. Winter just coming in here in Oz so recipe good for the cooler evenings.