Egg Salad Stuffed Avocados Recipe [Paleo, Keto]
There are so many ways to eat avocados and eggs for breakfast. Both the eggs and avocados will help you get lots of healthy fats and the eggs also add in a boost of protein to keep you full throughout the morning.
If eating plain boiled eggs is too boring for you, then give this easy egg salad idea a try. It’s really simple to make and the pickles, mustard, mayo, and parsley all add a ton of extra flavor to the eggs without you have to do hardly any extra work.
And if you load an avocado half with the egg salad, you’ll get a beautiful dish that you can serve to guests or impress your family with. Plus you’ll get lots of additional nutrition from the avocado.
Egg Salad Stuffed Avocados Recipe
This recipe is super easy to make – here are the step-by-step instructions.
Hard boil the eggs to make the egg salad with.
Let the eggs cool in running cold water. Peel them and then dice them.
Dice up some pickles (or use cucumbers if you can’t find pickles). Make sure to buy pickles that don’t have added sugar in the ingredients.
Finely chop the parsley – this adds a lot of flavor. If you prefer another herb (e.g., dill), then feel free to use that instead. Try to use fresh herbs if you can as it adds more freshness and flavor to the dish.
Carefully mix together all the ingredients for the egg salad – I use a Paleo mayo to avoid all the seed oils. Then load a spoonful of the egg salad onto an avocado half.
Pinterest Image for Egg Salad Stuffed Avocados [Paleo, Keto]
- 2 ripe avocados, halved
- 4 eggs, boiled and diced into cubes
- 4 small pickles, diced into cubes
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Paleo mayo
- 1 teaspoon mustard (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Cool the hard boiled eggs in running cold water for a few minutes.
- Peel the eggs and dice them.
- Mix the diced eggs with the diced pickles, chopped parsley, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cut open the avocados and remove the stone.
- Divide the egg salad into 4 and load each portion onto an avocado half.
- Enjoy for a quick and nutritious breakfast or lunch.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 8 g