15-Minute Tamari Marinated Steak Salad Recipe [Paleo, Keto]
A good steak salad can be delicious! This super quick and easy steak salad recipe was inspired by a dish I found at a local cafe. I loved the crunchy vegetables in the salad as well as the flavorful steak meat that had been marinated in soy sauce.
As many of you know, I love fast and easy recipes, and grilling or pan-frying steak is super fast so this steak salad recipe takes hardly any time to put together. I went for some nice and crunchy vegetables like peppers and radishes, but you can use whatever veggies you have at home.
Ingredients in Steak Salad Recipe
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you can get in most stores. For the crunch, I’ve used red bell peppers (you can use regular green bell peppers instead) and refreshing radishes. If you have trouble finding radishes, then use some pumpkin seeds for added crunch.
Some juicy grape tomatoes are always a tasty addition to a salad and for the dressing, I went with a simple olive oil and lemon juice combination.
Marinate the steak in gluten-free tamari soy sauce first while you prepare the salad. I used a very thin steak so that it would cook faster, but you can use a cut of your choice.
Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
Cook the marinated steak on the grill or pan-fry it in some (or avocado oil) on high heat. I like my steak medium rare and since I used a very thin steak, it took only two minutes cooking on each side for it to be done.
Let the steak sit for a minute on plate, then use a sharp knife to slice it. Then place the slices on the salad and serve.
Pinterest Image for 15-Minute Crunchy Steak Salad Recipe [Paleo, Keto]
Please save the following image to your pinterest boards.
- 2 large handfuls (2.5 oz or 75 g) salad greens
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped into slices
- 6–8 grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped into halves
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 lb (250 g) steak
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- Olive or avocado oil to cook steak in
- Marinade the steak in the tamari soy sauce.
- Prepare the salad by tossing the bell pepper, tomatoes, radishes, and salad greens with the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- Divide salad between 2 plates.
- Place avocado oil (or olive oil) into a frying pan on high heat and cook the marinated steak (or grill the steak) to the level of doneness you like.
- Place the steak on a plate for 1 minute. Cut the steak into slices, and place half of the slices on top of each salad.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 500
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 37 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 33 g