Grilled Chicken Drumsticks with Garlic Marinade
This is a simple grilled meal – perfect now that the weather is warmer and the grill can be fired up again!
First there’s the marinade…The ingredients for it are: 1) olive oil, 2) garlic, 3) lemon juice, 4) salt, and 5) pepper.
Place all the ingredients in a blender (or food processor) and blend. If you don’t have a blender or food processor, use a garlic press to crush the garlic. If you don’t have a garlic press, then just chop the garlic up finely.
Rub the chicken drumsticks with the marinade. Try to get the marinade under the chicken skin and into the meat. Then place the chicken drumsticks along with some marinade into a ziplock bag. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Grill the chicken on a low heat with the lid down until cooked thoroughly (around 20 minutes).
I served the grilled chicken with a side of grilled peppers and some paprika and cinnamon flavored oven baked zucchini and carrot fries.
Check Out These Other Chicken Drumstick Recipes
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/2 cups of olive oil
- 1 head of garlic (around 10 cloves)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Place the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper into a blender or food processor and puree. This is the marinade.
- Rub the chicken drumsticks in the marinade. Then place the chicken with the marinade into Ziploc bags and place in the refrigerator. Marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Grill the chicken drumsticks.
- Serving Size: 2-3 chicken drumsticks
- Calories: 660
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 56 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 36 g