Home » Blog » Paleo Diet » Paleo Diet Recipes » Paleo Dinner Recipes » Mini Zucchini Avocado Burgers Recipe [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
Mini Zucchini Avocado Burgers Recipe [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
It’s so easy to make mini burgers loaded with nutrition without the grains. These mini zucchini avocado burgers are quick to make and are Paleo, low carb (Ketogenic), plus AIP-friendly (Paleo autoimmune protocol). So you can satisfy all the diets with this simple recipe.
You can make these as dinner, as a snack, or you can impress your guests by serving these mini burgers as hor d’oeuvres at your next gathering!
Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Pour some olive oil or avocado oil on a baking tray and spread it around to grease it well. Sprinkle salt across the baking tray as well.
Cut a large zucchini into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices so they can be used as the burger “bun.”
Make the beef burger patties by forming balls (sized to a golf-ball) from the ground beef and then pressing them down well. Place the patties and the zucchini slices on the baking tray. Sprinkle salt across the zucchini slices and the burgers. You can use aluminum foil to line the baking tray or if you are worried about the meat or the zucchini sticking to the foil and therefore you ingesting the foil, then use parchment paper instead.
Bake for 15 minutes and let them cool for a few minutes before putting the mini burgers together. Alternatively, instead of baking them, you can grill the zucchini and beef patties or pan-fry them in some olive or avocado oil.
For serving, place some mustard and Paleo mayo, and some salad and vegetables onto a plate.
Cut an avocado into thin slices.
Put the mini burgers together using 2 slices of zucchini as the burger bun – add a thin slice of avocado on top of the meat patty along with a dab of Paleo mayo and/or mustard. I prefer to keep the zucchini slices so that the side that’s been in contact with the baking tray faces inward in the burger – this makes them less greasy to pick up and eat.
Pinterest Image for Mini Zucchini Avocado Burgers Recipe [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices (around 14–16 slices)
- 1/2 lb (225 g) ground beef
- 1/4 avocado, cut into small slices
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive or avocado oil for greasing baking tray
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) salt
- 1 Tablespoon Paleo mayo (optional – omit for AIP)
- 1 Tablespoon mustard (optional – omit for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Grease a baking tray with olive or avocado oil and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt across it.
- Place the zucchini slices on the baking tray.
- Form small balls from the ground beef and press into patties – around 7 or 8 patties – and place on the baking tray.
- Place baking tray into oven and bake for 15 minutes. Alternatively, instead of baking them, you can grill the zucchini and beef patties or pan-fry them in some olive or avocado oil.
- Meanwhile, slice the avocado into small thin slices.
- Put the mini burgers together using the zucchini slices as buns – add a slice of avocado to each burger and top with condiments like Paleo mayo and mustard.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 23 g