Banana Pancakes Recipe [AIP, Paleo, Egg-Free]
It can be hard deciding what to eat for breakfast when you’re on AIP (Paleo autoimmune protocol) and can’t eat eggs or dairy products. So, if you’re looking for a delicious AIP breakfast option (it’s also Paleo-friendly of course), then give these AIP banana pancakes a try!
Paleo and AIP Banana Pancakes Recipe
Peel a ripe banana and place half of it into a mixing bowl.
Add the coconut flour to the mixing bowl.
Add in the baking soda, coconut oil, and honey/maple syrup.
Mix everything well to form a thick batter/dough.
Form golf-ball sized balls from the batter and press down to form a small pancake of around 1/4-inch (0.6 cm) thick. Place the pancakes onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 20 minutes in the oven, remove and then let cool for a bit before enjoying. Serve with extra honey or maple syrup if you want it.
Pinterest Image for Banana Pancakes Recipe [AIP, Paleo, Egg-Free]
- Preheat oven to 300 F (150 C).
- Place the mashed bananas, coconut flour, baking soda, coconut oil, and honey/ maple syrup into a mixing bowl. Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water and then add into the mixing bowl as well.
- Mix well to form a batter.
- Make the batter into around a golf-ball size and press down to a pancake of around 1/4-inch (0.6 cm) thick. Batter should make 4 pancakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove carefully from oven. Cool a little and then eat. Drizzle with extra honey or maple syrup if desired.