Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta Recipe [Paleo, Keto, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free]
Pasta was one of my staples during college. You just boil some pasta and dump some store-bought tomato sauce on top and dinner was ready. It was fast, easy, and quite delicious. Just not very healthy…
Then I realized I could recreate the same meal almost as quickly but with low carb, ketogenic, and Paleo ingredients!
There are tons of different ways to create Paleo pasta – from shirataki noodles, to cucumber noodles, to spiralized zucchini, to sweet potato noodles, to even using Paleo flours to roll out noodles of your own. And as for the tomato sauce, well that’s pretty easy too especially with some fresh basil leaves, which you can grow in a pot on your kitchen window sill.
And to make this recipe even more tasty and to add in some healthy fats, I added coconut milk into the tomato sauce.
So, next time you’re strapped for time to make dinner, try this creamy Paleo pasta recipe – it takes just 25 minutes from start to finish.
Paleo Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta Infographic – Please Pin
STEP 1: Dice your chicken breast.
STEP 2: Saute the diced chicken in the ghee or coconut oil until cooked and slightly browned.
STEP 3: Add in the can of diced tomatoes and add in salt to taste.
STEP 4: Place on a simmer and cook the liquid down.
STEP 5: Shred the zucchini (or use a spiralizer).
STEP 6: Add the basil, garlic and coconut milk to the chicken and cook for a few minutes longer.
STEP 5: Place half of the pasta into each bowl and top with the creamy tomato basil chicken.
- Saute the diced chicken in the ghee or coconut oil until cooked and slightly browned.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes and add in salt to taste. Place on a simmer and cook the
- liquid down.
- In the meantime, prepare the pasta. If using zucchinis, shred them in the food processor or
- use a julienne peeler or a spiralizer. If using spaghetti squash, chop it in half, remove the seeds, cover lightly with some coconut oil and microwave each half for 7 minutes.
- Add the basil, garlic and coconut milk to the chicken and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Place half of the pasta into each bowl and top with the creamy tomato basil chicken.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 large plate
- Calories: 540
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 27 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 59 g