- 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil (30 ml), to cook with
- 20 white button mushrooms (200 g), finely chopped
- 0.75 lb of ground beef (338 g)
- 0.75 lb of ground pork (338 g)
- 2 Tablespoons of onion powder (14 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder (10 g)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley (2 g), finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) paleo ketchup
- 1 medium egg (44 g)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 slices of bacon (336 g)
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Place the avocado oil into a pan and cook the mushrooms until browned.
- Mix the ground beef and pork together with the mushrooms, onion powder, garlic powder, fresh parsley, ketchup, mustard, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Line a bread loaf pan with strips of bacon so that they hang over the edge of the pan and then tip the meat mixture into the pan. Press down the mixture into the pan.
- Pick up the slices of bacon that are hanging over the edge and wrap over the top of the pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the middle of the meatloaf reaches a temperature of 160 F (71 C).
- When the meatloaf is ready, remove and use a pastry brush to coat the top of the meatloaf with more paleo ketchup before slicing and serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 544
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 45 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 30 g