Paleo Passion Fruit Side Salad Recipe [Keto, AIP]
No matter what diet you’re on, eating more leafy green salads with your meals is probably a good idea.
And you can make your Paleo salads more exotic but adding a scoop of passion fruit into them. This provides a ton more flavor and a bit of a crunch from all the seeds.
What are passion fruits?
Passion fruits are small round fruits with a dark purple wrinkly shell when they’re ripe. You can cut one open and scoop out the soft juicy flesh and eat the seeds in them too.
They’re a fantastic Paleo fruit that adds a ton of flavor and exotic glamour to your dishes.
More Paleo Passion Fruit Recipes…
For more Paleo recipes with passion fruit, take a look at this Paleo Passionfruit Coconut Yogurt Parfait recipe (it’s also Keto and AIP).
Or, if you’re looking for a refreshing Paleo drink, then give this Paleo Strawberry Passionfruit Cooler recipe a try.
Paleo Passion Fruit Side Salad Recipe
This recipe is so easy to put together. And you can make large batch of the nuts and seeds salad topping and just scoop some onto your salads for a quick and easy crunch to your meals.
Pinterest Image for Paleo Passion Fruit Side Salad Recipe [Keto, AIP]
- 1 large handful of arugula leaves or other salad greens
- 1 ripe passion fruit
- 1 strawberry, chopped
- ½ Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon nuts and seeds topping (see here for recipe) [Omit for AIP]
- Place the arugula leaves, chopped strawberry, extra virgin, olive oil, and lemon juice into a bowl and toss well.
- Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the passion fruit insides. Place on top of the salad.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of the nuts and seeds topping.