Paleo Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers Recipe
The list of things you can make with sweet potatoes just never seems to end! So here’s a nice vegetarian version of the stuffed peppers with some sweet potatoes. Oh, and as a Bonus, the stuffed mushroom works really well too!
Take some sage and chop it up.
Take some garlic and mince it.
Take some sweet potato (or yam), cook it, and mash it up. Mix in the sage and add salt and pepper.
To stuff the pepper, cut off the top of the pepper and remove the seeds.
Then simply fill the hollow pepper up with the mashed sweet potato.
If you want to make stuffed mushrooms, then simply, cut the stalk of the mushroom off as close to the cap as you can, and the stuff it with the sweet potato filling. Then sprinkle some almond flour on top to stop the sweet potatoes from drying out too much.
Then bake the pepper in the oven (at 350F) for 40 minutes. The mushrooms only take 20 minutes.
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 sweet potato, cooked
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- almond flour, as topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the sweet potato and mix with the sage, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the top off a bell pepper, and de-seed it.
- Fill the pepper with the sweet potato mix. Put the top back on the bell pepper or sprinkle with almond flour on top.
- Grease a baking tray and place the pepper on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes (the pepper will soften).