- 2 (6oz) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into small chunks
- 2 cans coconut cream (cream from the top of a frozen can of refrigerated coconut milk)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon paprika (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons shredded coconut (for sprinkling on top)
- coconut oil for greasing and cooking with
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Saute in coconut oil the onions until translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut cream with the egg and coconut flour.
- Add in the tuna, peas, carrots, celery, onion, sweet potato chunks, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish (8 by 8-inch).
- Top with shredded coconut.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
To cut the cooking time down, you can parboil the vegetables before adding them to the mixture. Then bake for around 30 minutes.
It’s delicious. At first I wasn’t sure about the combination of coconut and tuna but it turned out great. Thanks