- 2 (6oz) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into small chunks
- 2 cans coconut cream (cream from the top of a frozen can of refrigerated coconut milk)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon paprika (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons shredded coconut (for sprinkling on top)
- coconut oil for greasing and cooking with
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Saute in coconut oil the onions until translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut cream with the egg and coconut flour.
- Add in the tuna, peas, carrots, celery, onion, sweet potato chunks, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish (8 by 8-inch).
- Top with shredded coconut.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
To cut the cooking time down, you can parboil the vegetables before adding them to the mixture. Then bake for around 30 minutes.