Roasted Figs and Cherries Dessert Recipe [Paleo, AIP]
Summer fruits are always so delicious, but if you roast them in the oven, then they become even more delicious. This easy Paleo and AIP dessert recipe features 3 different fruits (2 of which are glazed and roasted in the oven for a short time and 1 of which is served raw after the other fruits are roasted).
I also love the colors in this recipe – the deep red from the cherries, the faint red from the figs, and the golden yellow from the peaches. This dish is a really simple way to enjoy these fruits without too much work. Perfect if you’re on a Paleo or AIP (autoimmune protocol) diet.
Ingredients for Roasted Figs and Cherries Dessert Recipe
This simple dessert recipe uses 3 different fruits – figs, cherries, and peaches. The figs and cherries are roasted while the raw peaches are diced and served alongside the roasted fruits.
Cut off the ends of the figs and cut each fig in half.
Pour 1 tablespoon of port or red wine over the fig halves. Omit this if you’re on AIP.
Use a paring knife to slice the cherries in half. Remove the stone.
Rub a dash of honey over the cherry halves.
Preheat the oven for 400F (200C). Place the cherry halves and the fig halves on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, dice the peach into small pieces.
Place on plate – drizzle an additional dash of port or red wine over the fruits.
Pinterest Image for Roasted Figs and Cherries Dessert Recipe [Paleo, AIP]
- 4 figs, sliced in half
- 10 cherries, sliced in half and de-stoned
- 1 peach, diced into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons red wine or port (optional – omit for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Pour 1 tablespoon of red wine or port over the fig halves.
- Rub 1 teaspoon of honey over the cherry halves.
- Place the fig and cherry halves on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place 2 fig halves, cherry halves, peach pieces on a plate – 4 servings.
- Serve with a drizzle of red wine or port on the plate.