Mini Paleo Burgers Recipe [Keto, Low-Carb, Grain-Free]
Don’t miss out on burgers when you’re on the Paleo diet. This mini Paleo burgers recipe is easy to make and can be a great appetizer or entree.
The buns use my Paleo microwave bread recipe and are super fast to make. And if you want to add in additional seasoning to the burgers or the buns, then feel free. This Paleo burger recipe is just for the basic burger and bun.
I like serving this dish simply with mustard and some pickles to keep it low carb and keto-friendly.
Step-by-step Instructions for Mini Paleo Burgers Recipe
This mini Paleo burgers recipe can be made in under 30 minutes and serves 2 people.
Using your hands, form 4 small thin patties with the ground beef (each should be approx. 2-inch across in diameter). Use grassfed beef if you have access to it. You can also add in additional herbs and spices into the burger patty.
Add avocado oil into a frying pan and then fry the burger patties on medium to high heat.
I found that frying them for 2 minutes on each side worked well. Make sure both sides of the patties are well browned. After the patties are cooked to your liking, add salt (and other seasoning) and then let them drain on a plate.
While the burgers are draining on the plate, make the buns.
For this microwave bread recipe, you’ll need 2 mugs. Divide the burger bun ingredients between the 2 mugs and mix all the ingredients in each mug well. It’ll be fairly liquid-y.
Microwave each mug for 90 seconds on high. Wait a few minutes before popping the bread out of the mug. Slice each bread into 4 slices and use these round slices for burger buns. You can also fry them for a few seconds on the frying pan without oil for a toasted flavor to the buns.
Serve the burgers (2 mini burgers for each person) with the mustard, lettuce leaves, and pickles. If you want to add in ketchup, then make one using a Paleo ketchup recipe like this one (you’ll avoid excess sugar and corn syrup this way).
Pinterest Image for Mini Paleo Burgers Recipe
Please save the following image to your Pinterest boards.
Get this Mini Paleo Burgers recipe here (includes recipe for the Paleo burger buns). This recipe is also Keto and low carb and really quick to make.
For “burger buns”
- Make 4 small thin patties with the ground beef (each should be approx. 2-inch across in diameter). Place avocado oil into a frying pan and fry the the burger patties on medium to high heat. Fry for 2 minutes on each side until both sides are well browned (this is around medium in terms of rareness for the patties). After the patties are cooked, salt them lightly and place them on a plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, take 2 mugs and divide the burger bun ingredients between the 2 mugs (i.e., 1/3 cup almond flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, and 2.5 Tablespoons coconut oil in each mug). Mix well.
- Microwave each mug for 90 seconds on high. Wait a few minutes before popping them out of the mug. Slice each bread into 4 slices and use as burger buns. (Gently fry them for a few seconds on the frying pan without oil for a toasted taste.)
- Serve the burgers (2 mini burgers for each person) with the mustard, lettuce leaves, and pickles.
- Serving Size: 2 mini burgers