Home » Blog » Paleo Diet » Paleo Diet Recipes » Paleo Fish Recipes » Paleo Bacon-Wrapped Salmon Recipe
Paleo Bacon-Wrapped Salmon Recipe
So many people shy away from fish, thinking it’s difficult to cook. This paleo bacon-wrapped salmon recipe will forever change your mind and give you a new favorite recipe for your paleo lifestyle.
Different Ways to Cook Salmon
If you’re looking for an easy-peasy way to cook salmon to perfection, the oven is a great choice. You simply wrap the salmon in delicious bacon, drizzle olive oil over the fillets, and pop them in the oven.
You’ll be quickly rewarded with a healthy meal that tastes like you invested a lot more time into meal prep.
If you’ve got a cedar plank and you want your salmon done even faster, try broiling. Make sure you soak the plank in water before heating the broiler until it’s super hot. Move your oven rack to position the fish no more than four inches from the heat source.
Make sure you check the salmon often – the fish will be done in as little as three minutes. You don’t need to flip it halfway through the cooking process.
While the oven is an easy route, there may be days you don’t want to turn on the oven and heat up your house. Fortunately, there are other methods you can try.
Pan-frying is another simple approach. Heat your olive oil in the pan and then leave the salmon to cook for 5-6 minutes before turning it on the other side. You can use a cast iron or non-stick skillet for this purpose.
In the summer, the grill is your best friend. Make sure you oil the fish to help prevent sticking. Let it ride for about five minutes before flipping, then cook it about five minutes on the other side.
Those are a few ideas, but you’ll wind up with a great meal however you go about making it. And don’t be shy with the bacon – if your salmon is large or thick you might want to use more bacon.
If you like this recipe, I’ve got plenty of other delicious paleo salmon recipes for you to try. Enjoy!
- 2 filets of salmon, fresh or frozen (340 g)
- 4 slices of bacon (112 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- Small handful (approximately 6 Tablespoons) of fresh basil leaves (12 g), finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of Paleo mayo (30 ml)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Dry the salmon fillets and wrap with the slices of bacon. Place onto a baking dish and drizzle olive oil over them. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced basil leaves and serve with mayo on the side.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 863
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 75 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 48 g