Paleo Egg Frittata Muffins Recipe [Keto, Dairy-Free]
One of the problems I have at restaurants when I order omelets or frittatas is that they always contain dairy.
Sometimes in the form of cheese but often also in the form of milk or cream that they add to the egg mixture.
This of course makes it really tough to stay Paleo and dairy-free even at breakfast time!
But you can enjoy delicious breakfasts on a Paleo diet…
Make Paleo egg frittata muffins
These homemade Paleo egg frittata muffins are not only easy to make but can be made as a large batch. Sometimes, these muffins are also simply called Paleo egg muffins.
That way you can spend a few hours one day cooking several batches of these. And end up with ultra-healthy protein-filled Paleo breakfasts for an entire month!
For variety, you can also switch up some of the vegetables to create your own unique Paleo egg frittata muffins recipe.
What are Frittatas?
Frittatas originated in Italy and traditionally just described any type of fried eggs (including omelets).
However, over the past 50 years, frittatas have become distinctly different from dishes like omelets and quiches.
This is a photo of a frittata below:
What’s the Difference Between a Frittata and an Omelet?
While you might eat both frittatas and omelets for breakfast or brunch, they are often considered different dishes.
Here are the main similarities between frittatas and omelets:
- Both made with eggs.
- Both have other fillings like vegetables and sometimes meat and cheese.
- Both enjoyed for breakfast.
Here are some of their main differences:
- Frittatas are often made in a skillet (initially on the stove and then put into the oven). Don’t worry, the recipe below won’t be so complicated and won’t require a skillet.
- Omelets are usually made just in a frying pan on the stovetop.
- The filling is mixed into the egg mixture in a frittata whereas it’s folded into the middle of an omelet.
- Omelets are often made for just one person (it’s hard to make a much bigger omelet). On the other hand, frittatas can be much bigger and sliced and served to many people.
This is a photo of an omelet below:
How Do You Make Egg Frittata Muffins?
Because these Paleo frittata muffins are made in muffin trays, you won’t need a skillet or to change between the stovetop and the oven.
All you have to do is…
Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
2 Huge Cooking Tips:
- Make sure to chop your vegetables into small pieces.
- If you have trouble with your egg frittata muffins sticking to the muffin pan, then check out this article on how to prevent them from sticking.
Pinterest Image for Paleo Egg Frittata Muffins Recipe [Keto, Dairy-Free]
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix all the vegetables and whisked eggs and coconut milk together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the batter into muffin cups (makes 12 Paleo egg frittata muffins).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the middle of the muffins isn’t liquid-y anymore.